Make Sure YOUR USE is FAIR USE !
To support education, our government provides an exception to copyright law so you can use copyrighted materials in your school work. Qualifying factors include:
- the purpose (and yours will be educational)
- the nature of the work you are copying (factual, informative works are best - entertainment is more problematic)
- the amount of the work you copy (for video, clips under 3 mins. or 10% are usually OK - exceptions do apply)
- the effect on the potential market (will viewing your video stop someone from purchasing the full video?)
- Do not post copied work online.
- Give credit - attribution is a must (cite your sources in the credits)
So, to avoid copyright infringement, make sure your use of video and text is Fair Use.